Thursday 3 March 2016

MARCH 3rd 2016

Under Jenny's instruction, Annette completed this
       make up bag. She then continued  Bargello quilt.

Margaret finished quilting her large trendy cushion then
started on the next one. These are so striking and clean
looking.


These are Beryls latest Twiddles. She has made 40 or so
upto now. They are to be taken to North Staffs Carers at Fenton.
She has been attending the group meetings,  these muffs have
lots of touchy feely objects sewn into them. Things like buttons,
 bobbles ,silks,rings,velvet,buckles. Almost any thing tactile.
.
Cathy is really practicing recycling, all her scraps are being
 chopped into useable sizes,these she will make into doggie quilts.

Kate has been making fabric bags , these are to hold birthday
gifts. A much nicer way to give a present. Also note the
use of Laura Ashley fabrics. I have the yellow one in my
stash, I'm not ready to cut into mine yet. I've loved it for
 so long ,happy times.

Linda has been sewing a cool bag, using some of the donated
fabrics. The edges are to be bound in the reverse fabic to
create a contrast. The lining is a thermal fleece to keep
things cool. Angies quilt shop in Cheadle sells this, easy to
 sew and invaluable to keep butties cool in the coming, very,
hot summer!!!!

This is my Hearts and Flowers quilt. Finished, a Donna Louise
quilt, using fabrics left over from the quilt below. 

This started at Christmas time, I was in a pink mood.  Its a split
9 patch, having saved lots of roses fabric over time , the result
is very pink , therefore named Pink I think!

Another donated fabric quilt for Donna Louise, Pooh had been
fussy cut by some one so I just "fudged to fit ". I should have it
 quilted and bound by next week as the gifting is set for the
week before Easter. I do have Marion bikes work to show,
just a bit daunted with pics at moment. I will sort out asap.
Thanking everyone for a really enjoyable and fun day.
 Wendy


1 comment: