Tuesday 23 December 2014

No one loves a fairywhen shes old

Well this Wednesday is our last Wednesday of the year, :( and its our Christmas party!!!

First Wendy brought a long a little friend, and this fantastic poem to share with us

  NOBODY LOVES A FAIRY WHEN SHE'S FORTY

(written by Arthur Le Clerq - 1934) Billy Cotton Tessie O'Shea

For years a fairy queen I've been
For years I foiled the Demon King
But alas I'm getting on the years have flown somehow And I feel that Fairy Snowdrop isn't wanted now

Chorus Nobody loves a fairy when she's [forty] fifty Nobody loves a fairy when she's old

She may still have a magic power but that is not enough They like their bit of magic from a younger bit of stuff When once your silver star has lost its glitter
And your tinsel looks like rust instead of gold
Fairy days are ending when your wand has started bending
                                                         No-one loves a fairy when shes old

                                                         For years I reigned in Fairy Dell
                                                         I waved my wand and waved it well
                                                         If I can't do all I did Im satisfied because
                                                         I'd sooner be a Has-Been that I would a Never Was                                                         
                                                         Nobody loves.... Nobody loves..
                                                       
there is several more verse but after an hour of trying to get them neat and straight , then when applying them to the blog, the lines going where ever they wanted! I gave up! sorry,
you can easily find the rest of this fantastic poem on the web if you wish to read it. :)
                                                       

1 comment: